SDS and the Environment
We are committed to environmentally friendly business practices and regularly review our processes, products and services in an effort to minimise our carbon footprint ... and we take improvement action when and where we can.
As part of this approach we have chosen our ‘preferred suppliers’ very carefully.
In seeking to provide the very best service we can to our clients/customers, we need to be absolutely convinced that our suppliers can consistently provide us with high quality products with a proven track record of robust reliability in the workplace.
So... what are the environmental credentials of our preferred supplier
Ricoh are the largest manufacturer of multi-functional in-office devices in the world. The position of being the leading brand in your field brings huge responsibility to a company, not least in terms of its green credentials.
We, at SDS, feel that Ricoh have risen to this challenge brilliantly:
- Ricoh is currently 100% carbon neutral. Everything at their Telford (UK) factory is recycled.
- All Ricoh toner cartridges can be recycled - FREE of charge!
- For every 100,000 prints or copies produced on one of their machines, Ricoh will plant a tree as part of the Trees for Tomorrow & Seeds for Africa programme.
- Ricoh operates a photocopier recycling plant in Wellingborough (UK) - the only facility of its kind in the UK. The plant recycles all makes and models of machine - nothing goes to landfill sites.
- Factory re-engineered, fully re-furbished units are also available from Ricoh - all moving parts are replaced with updates applied.
For more information visit: ricoh.co.uk/environment
Konica Minolta is currently the UK’s No.1 supplier of true colour multi-functional in-office devices. Their machines achieve excellent print quality and have a deserved reputation for reliability. They also keep firmly focussed on environmental concerns.
We, at SDS, feel that Konica Minolta deserves credit for:
- Using Induction Fusing Technology: Providing a warm-up time of just 12 seconds from standby. This facility gives impressive flexibility, permitting media/stock of up to 271gsm to be processed.
- Using Simitri HD Toner: Which has a much lower fixing temperature than conventional toners, resulting in considerably less energy being used in the print process (energy consumption of less than 7.5 KWh/week... far below the benchmark of 21.4 KWh/week).
This has been so well received that the Konica Minolta Bizhub was proudly displayed at the G8 Summit in Tokyo.
- Using Black Panels in their product packaging/casing: Not only does this make for sleek, sharp looking products with aesthetic appeal, it also provides an environmentally friendly edge... black plastic panels requireno bleaching when recycled !
- Manufacturing Toner and Imaging Units that can be recycled.
For more information: konicaminolta.co.uk/environment
So... what about our commitment to the environment?
We look to minimise our carbon footprint in a variety of ways...
All plastics, cardboard, glass and paper associated with our products, is recycled at our premises in Edington (Somerset).
We avoid Unnecessary Travel...
- SDS has invested in ‘GoToAssist’ to provide remote access to our clients’ PCs. This enables the majority of driver and software snags to be resolved without our engineers needing to visit client premises.
- All SDS machines can be set remotely to log calls, inform us of consumable levels and give us meter readings... again, avoiding the need for engineer visits.
- SDS will also set all enabled machines to default print in ‘duplex’ mode. This action halves paper usage, without any user intervention.
- SDS encourage our clients to utilise paperless invoicing and meter reading collection.
- SDS never sends machines to landfill... all ‘end of life’ units are recycled.
SDS genuinely cares about trying to reduce the environmental impact of our products at no additional cost to our customers